The universal music development kit
A highly flexible and standardized development kit for music apps.
Rapidly interface with any music service to build new apps and tools.
High level overview
This SDK is still in alpha.
- Core interfaces are safe to build with and are unlikely to change.
- Implementation of app-facing content may be incomplete.
- Building fully custom apps on top of the SDK is inadvisable until the 1.0.0 release.
- Until the SDK is finished, we advise keeping development for the SDK in the main repo.
The Strix SDK is split into 3 parts:
- Cores - A common API surface that can be implemented to allow interfacing with an arbitrary music provider.
- Merged - Aggregates data from multiples core sources, merging items as needed.
- ViewModels and Shells - Handles INPC from a merged source, delegates local playback and more.
For a deeper dive into the architecture, see the SDK API docs.
Aggregating data from multiple music sources using a composite-proxy architecture